Looking for a dessert is filling, chocolatey and guiltfree? Then you need to try these delicious Black Bean Brownies!
I know that many have been fooled by mediocre bean-based brownies before and searched the internet from top to bottom to find the all-time best recipe. Low and behold I found Chocolate Covered Katie and her can stand up to any regular sugar-and-flour brownie in a competition. So check it out:
Black Bean Brownie Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes (9-12 brownies)
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1.15 oz can, drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (10g)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 1 pinch uncut stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a good food processor (or blender) and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then pour into greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle additional chocolate chips over the top for an additional chocolate flare.
- Cook the black bean brownies for 15-18 minutes, then let cool for around 10 minutes before trying to cook. If they still look uncooked, place in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up!