I am a sucker for Asian cuisine and I assume you are too since you are here.
Often times Asian cuisine is heavy in sodium and rice; that you end up leaving the meal in a food coma. One way to prevent that is by using wholesome, fresh, and healthy ingredients. I created this recipe based on the PF. Chang chicken lettuce wrap but added my own healthy changes.
My boyfriend and I are addicted to this turkey lettuce wrap recipe. I think we eat it weekly…if not more. Which is why I knew that I had to share with you. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
Healthy Asian Lettuce Wraps With Turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey feel free to substitute for ground chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic we cheat and use 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 head bib lettuce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned about 5 minutes. While cooking make sure to break up pieces into small crumbles with a wooden spoon and drain any excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onions, hoisin sauce, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha until onions har become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and enjoy.
Lettuce wraps. Love them or hate them? Comment below on and add a picture of healthy lettuce wrap creation!